maandag 5 augustus 2013

Maputo - Vilanculos

"Die Dusche in der kuche drin" was the last remark just now. White tourist. Wasn't it 10cc, a while ago? I must be getting old... But anyway, we made it! Maputo to Vilanculos in a day. That's a lot of road, 715 km according to Google. We left at half past six in a rainy Maputo


We went in the direction of XaiXai, to the north. Leaving Maputo was really annoying. Because of all the traffic coming in they change the direction in some lanes, so we had only one going out. It took us 2 hours to get out of the city and drinving at acceptable speeds again.

But then we went! The roads are great out there, actually.
And the sun came out

These are emergency solutions to bridges swept away in this years flooding


We could actually do these speeds on this road over serious distances. That was cool, but I got a bit frightened when I got a ticket for speeding in a village. 1000 MTN,  but she offered to lessen the burden. Then she offered to marry me, too. Never mind my current wife, I had nice children and they must have their good looks from me and son on.....
Did ot see the elephants, took a p... instead

Happily drinving throug southern Africa!


And then we were in Vilanculos, at the ocean! I'm curious how sunrise will be here. We will have to get up at that time. Most unlike the girl telling us about the shower in the kitchen, who is an example of people getting here; spoilt to bits. But then again, it ís a beautiful spot!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten